We are growing, and looking for a Project Engineer to join our team! A project engineer will provide support to the project staff to ensure quality and timely execution of design/build, self-perform projects from design to completion. These phases include: Scheduling, permitting, subcontractor buyout, cost reporting, preparation of subcontracts, the handling of owner coordination, construction quality oversight, and project closeout.
– Participate with project team and preconstruction services in development of a Project Chart of Accounts
– Coordinate with Project Superintendent in development of a project site logistics plan
– Assist Superintendent in the management of subcontractors
– Maintain understanding of the Sub or Owner contract
– Oversee the submittal, change order, and pay request process
– Assist in generation of project costs and Job Cost Report
– Contribute to the analyzing and forecast of quarterly Total Cost Projection reports
– Monitor and record training of all staff personnel
– Report and track equipment needs
– Assist preconstruction services in bidding projects
– Implement applicable safety, EEO and Affirmative Action programs
– Participate in the project’s quality process
– Contribute to schedule and project close-out processes
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES/BEHAVIORS:
– Communicates well both verbally and in writing, creates accurate and punctual reports, delivers presentations, shares information and ideas with others, has good listening skills.
– Ability to identify, assimilate and comprehend the critical elements of a situation to extract and interpret implications of courses of actions to attend to details of a problem.
– Breaks down problems into smaller components, understands underlying issues, can simplify and process complex issues, understands the difference between critical details and unimportant facts.
– Plans for and uses resources efficiently, always looks for ways to reduce costs, tracks assists in developing budgets.
– Is attentive to detail and accuracy, is committed to excellence, looks for improvements continuously, monitors quality levels, finds root cause of quality problems, owns/acts on quality problems.
– Ability to monitor construction scheduled and achieve cooperation of superintendents and subcontractors.
– Communicates expectations and importance of safety. Follows up and insures safety audits are completed accurately and timely. Identifies critical issues and assists in the development of improvement procedures.
– 0 to 7 Years of experience
– Bachelors degree in Construction Management, Engineering or related field
– General knowledge of construction principles/practices required
– Excellent problem-solving skills, with an adaptable and flexible style in working with all types of individuals
– Experienced dealing with subcontracts, subcontractors and/or self-perform work is a plus
– Creative and results-oriented, with a strong sense of urgency
– Successful internships or Project Engineering experience on projects is a plus
– Highly entrepreneurial and self-motivated, with the ability to work equally well on own as well as in a team environment
– Ability to walk the job site, climb ladders, and multi floor scaffolding
– Ability to lift objects at least 50lbs
We are a drug free environment and you will be required to pass a drug test as part of employment and be subject to random testing while employee.
If interested please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Attn: Bill Begis